Search engine optimization (SEO) is a complex process. It’s imperative that you use the best tools to get the job done right. Keyword research is an essential part of SEO, which means you need to have the right keywords for your business. The right keywords can lead to improved rankings, increased traffic, and a better ROI. But finding the best keywords for your website can be difficult and time-consuming.
Luckily there are many keyword research tools that will make this part of your job easier. From finding keywords with low competition to identifying good long-tail keywords, these tools will help you find the best keywords for your site.
Ahrefs is one such tool. Apart from its hefty price tag, there are some downsides as well.
Cons of Ahrefs
- Unlike SEMrush, Ahrefs cannot show the toxic score of your backlinks
- Weak site auditing compared to SEMrush
- Mediocre report building features, especially from the perspective of digital marketing agency.
- Ahrefs is not the best option for digital advertizers, because it doesn’t show you some important PPC, PLA, Display Advertising, and other ads related metrics.
- Their API comes at a hefty price.
Here, are some of the best Ahrefs alternatives that can work well for you.
Let’s check the best ahrefs alternatives one-by-one
1. SEMrush (Best all-in-one keyword research tool)
SEMrush is an all-in-one marketing suite with a wide array of features, benefits and pricing options to meet your budget. It offers advanced analytical features, competitive intelligence, and detailed reports on things like organic search traffic, cost-per-click trends, backlinks and more.
SEMrush is the world’s leading competitive research tool that helps you discover the keywords your competitors aren’t targeting and find out where your website is placed in the global ranking.
The SEMrush Keyword Tool allows you to see organic and paid search volume for keywords, find new keyword ideas, and make changes to your site to increase traffic from search engines.
- Largest keyword database than Ahrefs
- Position tracking mobile app
- Trafic analytics helps you spy on your competitor
- Provides you trend graph for keywords
- It provides suggestions on how to improve your website’s visibility.
Pricing of SEMrush
SEMrush has a free trial period that lasts for 14 days. The paid plan starts at 119.95/month. You can save 17% if you pay annually.
WriterZen is a new kid in the block. But once it matures, it can rival the top competitors in the industry. The tool shows you new untapped content ideas and provides you vital analytics and optimization options to get you above the competition. Apart from keyword data, it provides you with keyword clusters and insights. The USP of the tool is, it can provide KGR and allintitle score.
- Powerful metrics to help highlight your content
- Helps you find Keyword Golden Ratio(KGR) for any topic.
- Cluster keywords with accuracy
- Improve your content quality with precise insights
- Discover untapped topics
- Plagiarism checker.
Price of WriterZen
It offers a 7-days free trial. Paid plan starts at 70/month. But you can save 30% if you opt for an annual payment.
Ubersuggest is a keyword research tool that comes with a price tag of less than $10 per month. It offers a free-to-use feature as well. Unlike Ahrefs, it does not store any data on user accounts; hence, no privacy issues are reported. It can help you discover new and long-tail keywords, which are often more profitable than short ones. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Ahrefs, Ubersuggest may be an option for you.
Enter a keyword into Ubersuggest and get hundreds of relevant keyword suggestions, all from real Google search results! Find low competition keywords that your competitors are overlooking.
- The tool can be used for generating long-tail keywords using Google Autocomplete feature.
- It helps you find new ideas and variations for your existing keyword lists.
- It provides varying levels of ease while exploring different types of suggestions and hence gives enough room for personalization and creativity.
- Using this tool, you can get such information like: Keyword Difficulty, Keyword Opportunity and SEO Stats.
Price of Ubersuggest
You get restricted access in the free plan. The paid plan starts at $12/month. If you pay annually, you get 2 free months. You can try out the paid plans for a 7-days free trial.
Ahrefs is one of the most popular keyword research tools in the industry. However, it is also one of the most expensive. If you are looking for a lower-cost alternative to Ahrefs, SEMrush, WriterZen, and Ubersuggest are all viable options. SEMrush and WriterZen are both paid services, whereas Ubersuggest is freemium. SEMrush offers a 14-days free trial and WriterZen offers a 7-days free trial, so you can try before you buy. Ubersuggest is a freemium resource, so there is no initial investment.
We hope you found this article useful, if you have any questions or comments please let us know in the comments section below.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization(SEO) is the process of improving your website’s ranking on search engines. This is mainly achieved by getting quality backlinks and using SEO tactics, including keyword research.