Identifying the best blogging tools and resources is important for the success of a blog. Here I list a few tools and resources that I found to be helpful for my blogs.
List of Blogging Tools and Resources
1. Domain Registrars to buy domains at cheap rate
Namecheap – When you decide to start a blog or website, the first step would be to register a good domain name that matches your niche. For this, there are several options including GoDaddy. But my favorite domain name registrar is NameCheap. As their name suggests, their rates are much cheaper than GoDaddy. They also provide quality customer service.
NameSilo – Second option for registering domains at a cheap rate. They provide free domain privacy and protection. You may use our coupon code ‘mdp’ for more discounts.
Dynadot – Best option for buying expired domains.
2. Best Hosting Providers
- NameHero – Speed, Uptime, customer support and price are the vital parameters to consider while choosing a web host. So when it comes to shared hosting, NameHero is my first choice. They are undoubtedly one of the best hosting providers available now. Best performing LiteSpeed servers and impeccable customer support.
- Hostinger – If you are price sensitive, then I would suggest you go with Hostinger Hosting. Superfast servers and quality customer support. Hostinger would be an ideal choice for a beginner.
- Cloudways – If you have a very complex website with a lot of traffic, they you may consider this hosting provider. It is costlier than the other two. Remember, quality comes with a price. Here, you may choose Vultr (High Frequency) for best performance. Digital Ocean‘s (premium) is also good.
3. CMS Platform
WordPress – Yeah, WordPress is my preferred CMS platform.
4. WordPress Themes
- Astra Pro – I use astraPro for most of my niche sites
- Generate Press Premium – The second one I would suggest is Generate Press
- Kadence – Third option for quality wordpress theme
Keyword and Backlink Research
Ahrefs – The best tool for checking backlink profile, Competitor analysis, keyword explorer, content explorer, and more.
SEMrush – Another useful tool for keyword research. This is an all-in-one tool for keyword research.
WriterZen – Cheaper option compared to the other two.
Elementor Pro – It is one of the best WordPress page builders you can get. It makes your job easy when you design beautiful websites using its user-friendly drag and drop interface. We use it in on almost all of our WordPress websites. With this amazing tool, you can create custom landing pages, coupon boxes, Feature boxes, rating sections, pop-ups and more.
Email Marketing Softwares
Active Campaign – The best automation tool for email marketing. The only downside is that it is not affiliate friendly. You may get banned, if you use affiliate links in emails.
Email Opt in and Lead Generation Plugin
Convert Pro – It is one of the best email opt in plugin for lead generation. It has drag and drop editor and have many pre-designed templates which you can use as such or customize to suit your needs. Convert Pro is super fast in loading, completely responsive and is very mobile friendly. It has behavioural triggers including exit intent technology. Also, provides seamless integration with most popular marketing software. This plugin is built by Brainstorm Force, the same company that built Astra Pro theme, Ultimate Addons for Elementor, Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg, Schema Pro etc.
Image Editing Tools
Photoshop – Adobe Photoshop is the most popular graphics editor used by professionals and amateurs alike.
Canva – A very useful graphic designing tool for websites as well as for social media posts. It has over a million free photos, icons, illustrations and some stock images. The paid version provides a lot of design options to choose from. We use it mostly to create social media posts and website banners.
Fiverr – If there is any need for outsourcing any of my work, Fiverr is my preferred destination.
- Elementor Pro – Currently it is the best WordPress page builder around.
- RankMath – This amazing plugin makes your blog post and pages more SEO friendly
- W3 Total Cache – It optimizes your WordPress for fast loading. If you are using LiteSpeed Servers, then LS Cache is enough.
- Contact Form 7 – The Most popular Contact form plugin. I’m using it on this blog
- ShortPixel Image Optimizer – This plugin optimizes all images that you upload on your website so that your site loads faster. It compresses your images up to 90% without much quality loss
- Easy Table of Contents – It instinctively generates a table of contents for your blog posts and pages by parsing content for headers.
- TablePress – for creating awesome tables in your website.
Project Management Tools
- Google Drive – it allows you to store files on their cloud servers. Google Drive helps you sync files across devices, and share them when it is needed. Apart from storing, we have integrated Google Drive with many of our tools to manage tasks much easier.
- Evernote – It is a popular note-taking app. Evernote helps you capture and prioritize ideas, tasks and to-do lists. With this tool, you can make sure that you don’t miss anything important. So obviously it is one of the most loved management tools. I have been using this for a long time.
FileZilla – one of the most popular FTP solutions for both client and server. It is a free open-source software.
- Grammarly – Most used digital writing tool that offers grammar checking, spell checking, and more.
- LastPass – One of the best password manager that stores encrypted passwords online.