Here I’m listing all the Facebook products and services and apps. Unlike Google, Amazon or Microsoft, Facebook doesn’t have many standalone products. You will notice that its dominance in the social space is due to three products/apps. Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp.
With 2.45 billion monthly active users, Facebook is the single largest social network in the digital space. Facebook is not the first social network and yet it dominated the social space and changed the way we spend our time online. On the way to its dominance, it crushed many social sites and apps (Orkut, My Space, Friendster, Hi5, to name a few)
List of all Facebook Products and Services and Apps
1. Facebook – is the most popular social networking site/app in the digital world. And the Facebook-centric products or rather features include Profile, News Feed, Photos, Videos, Messenger, Pages, Groups, Events, Search and Facebook for Business.
2. Facebook Ads – is an online advertising platform developed by Facebook. Here advertisers pay to display advertisements within the Facebook ad network. Type of ads include services offered by someone, products, video content, and smart-phone application installs. Now, this has become the main source of income for Facebook.
3. Facebook Audience Insights – is a helpful tool that allows marketers to learn more about their target audiences. It includes aggregate information about geography, demographics and purchase behavior of people connected to your Page, people in your Custom Audience and people on Facebook. This helps you create content that resonates and easily find more people like the ones in your current audience.
4. Facebook Audience Network – is an in-app advertising network that delivers smarter mobile monetization.
6. Facebook Blueprint – is an e-learning platform. It offers free courses on Facebook and Instagram advertising. It lets you learn digital advertizing in a self-paced manner.
7. Facebook Business – It helps to meet your business goals by giving you advertising tips, news updates, best practices and case studies for effectively using Facebook.
8. Facebook Business Manager – a free tool that helps in managing advertisement accounts, Pages, and the people who work on them — all in one place.
9. Facebook Creator Studio – It allows creators and publishers to manage certain features in one place. Features include insights, posts and messages of their Facebook Pages and Instagram account.
10. CrowdTangle – it is a tool that helps brands and publishers to discover content, do competitive analysis and monitor social networks like Facebook, Instagram and Reddit.
11. Facebook for Creators – It is a tool that helps video creators level up on Facebook.
12. Facebook for Developers – Its a platform that helps developers build, grow and monetize their business.
14. Instagram (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile)- One of the most popular photos and video-sharing social networking service. It is owned by Facebook.
15. Instagram Business – Advertisements on the Instagram network
16. Facebook Instant Articles – It provides a new way for publishers to create fast, interactive articles on Facebook.
17. Internet.org (now known as Free Basics) – It gives people access to useful services on their mobile phones in countries where internet access may not be affordable. The websites can be accessed without data charges. These free websites have contents like news, employment, health, education and local information.
18. Facebook IQ – it offers valuable data for users. Data including insights, studies and research using users, Facebook and Instagram ads and industry trends. This insightful data is taken from Facebook’s products and services including Instagram, Messenger and other apps.
19. Facebook Lite – is a slimmer version of Facebook for Android users. It uses fewer data and works well across all network conditions.
20. Facebook Live – it lets you do live streaming so that your connected people can view it.
21. Facebook Local – it helps you find places to visit and events that are happening near you.
22. Facebook Marketplace – Marketplace makes it easy to buy and sell in your area.
23. Facebook measurement (Atlas) – is an ad server that helps ad buyers to measure, target and optimize digital ads. Facebook measurement helps you to optimize your ads, understand your target audience and grow your business.
24. Facebook Media – Its a platform to publish your video content. It also allows you to monetize your content and analyze your audience and their engagement with your content.
25. Facebook Messenger (Messenger.com) – It lets Facebook users chat with their friends (on mobile and on the web). Also, there are a handful of “for Messenger” apps. It includes apps like Sound Clips, Stickered, Strobe, Selfied, and Shout for Messenger that is available for both iOS and Android.
26. Facebook Messenger Kids – A fun, free app that lets kids video call and message parent-approved family and friends from their iPad, iPod touch or iPhone.
27. Masquerade – lets you record video selfie animations. Then you can change the way you look in those videos. It also allows you to send it to friends via your favorite messengers and social networks. (This product is no longer available because Facebook has shutdown MSQRD in April 2020)
28. Oculus – It’s all about virtual reality.
29. Origami – A free tool for designing modern user interfaces.
30. Facebook Pages – allows people or businesses to create a page that says about them. So that their fans or followers can get updates or the latest news regarding the same.
31. Facebook Pay – Lets you transfer money seamlessly and securely via your favorite Facebook Apps. It is available in select countries only.
32. Facebook Watch – is a video-on-demand service operated by Facebook, where you can see original shows and popular videos in different categories from producers and creators you love.
33. WhatsApp Messenger – Mostly used to send text and voice messages. It also allows users to make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media.
34. Facebook Youth Portal – It lets you know how Facebook approaches safety. And it helps you learn about the resources available to teens, parents and teachers.
When I started researching for the post “list of Facebook products and services”, I was of the impression that Facebook would be having at least 50 products or services in their kitty. But I could discover only 34. You will be amazed to learn that another online giant, Amazon has over 60 products and services with them. You may check the list of Amazon products and services here. So if you think I have missed anything then please let me know in the comments section.